Saturday, September 5, 2009
Not so hot
I am not doing well so far. I start out good and do fine throughout the day but after dinner I am a snacking maniac... last night it was ugly. Where do I get the motivation to stay out of the kitchen? I need to make a rule of no eating after 9pm. Old habits are going to be hard to break. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
94% Fat Free popcorn is my saving grace. I will sometimes make two bags at a time, just because I KNOW I want that much! You can shove it in your mouth without thinking about it and know you won't go overboard with calories. Allow yourself the snacking you want, just make sure it's healthy snacking. If you know you'll snack after dinner, save the calories up so you can. Make sure you stick to your 'no eating' after 9pm and you'll feel good about the day when you hit the sack. Believe you can do it and you will. You CAN do it! Plan ahead for times when you know it will be hard to stick to your plan. Be kind to yourself when you do happen to go overboard with calories. Believe! Good luck!
Hi Emily....I have found it vital to plan for low-point (I am on Weight Watchers) snacks and to always have them around.
Fruit, the Fiber One yogurt, popcorn, the Quaker mini rice cakes, some of the Weight Watchers or Hostess snacks or desserts....even the mini-chocolate bars like the minature Almond Joy and Butterfinger and M&M bags....(2 points each and I know I am lucky I can stop at 1 or 2).
The planning is the key...figure out what out what you like but is not a trigger food for you and always have some hand for when you get the munchies!
It IS hard to stay out of the kitchen. One thing that helps me is saving a "treat" for the end of the day. So, like I know that after my treat, I'm done and it makes it easier.
You have to just SET rules for yourself and stick to them, but not have too many or goals that are unrealistic.
Last BL, I had a goal to stop eating at 8:00 (unless I was out and couldn't avoid it), so I'd have my treat about 7:55 and be done.
Good luck!
I brush my teeth after I eat dinner and my daily treat. I eat the JELL-O fat free yogurt in the evenings. I know habits are hard to break but its worth it. Elise's idea is a great one too. I wouldn't tell youself absolutely NO snacks, that will just depress you. Just allow a few and think "do I want to waste calories on 10 M&M" or whatever you may be craving. YOu can do it!!!
A rule would be a great idea. I have this weird idea that any calories that haven't been digested when I go to sleep go straight to my middle. I actually think I have an unreasonable fear of eating after 6:30 p.m. LoL! You know that saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"... total crap!! BUT "nothing tastes as good as knowing you have self-control".... now there's one to live by! You can do this Emily, just don't punish yourself and set reasonable guidelines. Ultimately this is about you and taking control of your life! At some point you begin to enjoy the hard work, and enjoy the ability to pass up desert. It takes time.. but it's totally worth it! :o)
I was doing the same thing you are - I couldn't stay out of food in the evenings! I did start having low calorie snacks on hand and that helped. It seemed like the more I couldn't have something the more I wanted it. Also, if you are not getting enough calories throughout the day then that will cause cravings too. Good luck and hang in there. We have all had problems with food - that is why we are all here. Good luck and don't get discouraged - you can do it!
Post a Comment